The GFA offers professional certifications in three pathways:
- Film & Television Production
- Film & Television Post-Production
- Digital Entertainment, Esports & Game Development
Each certification is 18 credit hours (3 courses). You must complete the introductory course in your chosen pathway + a specialty craft course + a second specialty craft course or the internship/apprenticeship course (by application/acceptance only) to earn your certification.
If you are currently a student at a partner college or university, you may register for the courses directly through your registration system, as you would for any other class. If you are not a college student, you may register through a partner Professional
or Continuing Education program.
If you are not pursuing a degree, you may take the courses not-for-academic credit through a Professional or Continuing Education program at a partner college or university. The following schools offer GFA courses as Con Ed:
- Atlanta Technical College Continuing Education
- Clayton State University’s Film & Digital Media Center
- Georgia College Continuing & Professional Education
- Georgia Piedmont Technical College Continuing Education
- University System of Georgia and Continuing Education students: $125/credit hour = $750/course (No institutional fees IF you are not taking any additional courses at your home institution.)
- Technical College System of Georgia students: $100/credit hour = $600/course
- Independent Institution students: tuition rate at your home institution
Financial Aid may be applicable through your home institution; you may inquire directly with your school for more information about what is available to you.
You may complete the certification in 2 semesters if taking an intro course (semester 1) and two craft courses (semester 2) to earn the 18 credit hours. If you are pursuing the Internship/Apprenticeship course, it will take three semesters to complete:
- intro course (semester 1)
- specialty craft course (semester 2)
- internship/apprenticeship (semester 3)
You may Register for our HS Summer Camps by clicking on the following links:
You may Register for HS Teacher Trainings by clicking on the following links: