Georgia Film Academy Certification
18 credit hours
GFA Film & Television Production Internship is now a competitive programLearn more
(Additional Specialty Craft Course)
How the Georgia Film Academy Program Works
Georgia Film Academy Team
- Jeff Stepakoff - Executive Director
- Greg O’Bradovich - Director of Strategic Partnerships and Special Projects
- Kate McArdle - Director of Film Workforce Development and Capstone Projects
- Scott Votaw - Director of Production
- Dr. Aaron Levy - Director of Academics
- Wendy Quinn - Academic Program Manager
- Tracy Kent - Business Operations Manager
- Brandy Dennard - Executive Assistant
- Josh Lee - Secondary Education and Academic Manager
- Blair Witte - Administrative Coordinator
Who can Enroll in the Georgia Film Academy Courses? How do I Register?
You have a number of options for registering to take the GFA classes:
- If you are already a university/college student at one of our partner schools listed below, click through the link to find out more about how you can take the GFA classes for credit at your school.
- If you are not a college student but would like to pursue an AA or BA Degree, decide which of our partner schools below offering GFA courses is right for you, and then click through to find out information on how to apply.
- If you are not a college student and would like to take the GFA courses just for the certification, but not for college credit, Clayton State, Georgia Piedmont Technical College and Atlanta Technical College offer continuing education options.
About the Georgia Film Academy
Our courses, which are being offered through our University System of Georgia and Technical College System of Georgia partners, will provide students with extensive hands-on experience. Students will have an opportunity to network, build resumes and learn to market themselves in order to become integrated into the film industry as entry-level workers. The GFA Program will not only give you professional training in the film production crafts but an opportunity to earn credits towards your AA, AAS or BA degree!
The Georgia Film Academy is a collaborative effort of the University System of Georgia and Technical College System of Georgia supporting workforce needs of the film and digital entertainment industries. The academy will certify workforce ready employees in needed areas, connect students and prospective employees with employers, and offer a unique capstone experience for top students that will provide them a path to employment in Georgia.
Facilities and Equipment
Equipment GFA will have at our training sites:
- HD 4K time code camera packages including professional tripods, dolly, jib
- Professional location sound package including digital time code recorder, shotgun and wireless microphones
- Lighting package with tungsten, fluorescent, LED and HMI instruments, stands
- Full grip package with stands, hardware, overheads, speed rail, flags, and nets
- Fully equipped grip/electric trucks
- Industry standard generators
- Available fully equipped professional sound stage
- Professional feature-film camera packages with prime lenses